Contributors

  • Bud Harris
  • Dr. Barrie Jo Price
  • Dr. Anna McFadden

3 Vanishing Points

Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Happenstance, Serendipity, and Very Cool Co-inkydinks...

I come into work Thursday and go to my faculty mailbox (which is a mess) and find a new magazine called Tech & Learning and it is the February issue. On a break between classes I sit in my office and thumb through it and think “Wow, this is all neat stuff, I am going to have to recommend it to others and talk about some of this stuff on my blog…”

As I reach the last page, I come across an article by Jennifer Wagner talking about PLN which I come to find out is an acronym for “Personal Learning Network”. As it turns out, the idea of a PLN is EXACTLY what I am doing with my fellow classmates at the University of Alabama who are enrolled in the distance master’s degree program offered through the Institute of Interactive Technology.

Wanting to see what others have to say about PLN, I do what anybody else who is engaged in learning through interactive technology would do….. I GOOGLE it! Right away, I see an interesting site which appears to be a blog and, lo and behold, it is. Once a Teacher (blog by Kate Klingensmith) has an interesting entry for May 5, 2009 called PLN: Your Personal Learning Network Made Easy. I learned a lot by reading this blog and I want to share it with you today. When you visit this blog, notice the really good table she prepared under the heading “Build Your Own PLN”. This is good stuff, very relevant to me and other folks who follow this blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment